Attend the 2023 Biennial
Thursday, July 20 - Saturday, July 22
(Pre-conference session Wednesday, July 19)
The Madison Concourse Hotel
A guestroom rate of $169.00 per day will be in effect throughout the conference. The current tax rate is 15.5%. The Madison Councourse will provide a complimentary airport shuttle for service between Dane County Regional Airport and the hotel, complimentary wireless Internet access and a reduced parking rate of $12 per night. To make room reservations, click here or call 1-800-356-8293.
This intensive four-day event will help you and your organization:
* Better inform and educate members and their families.
* Create a communications system that will stimulate membership participation and build a stronger union.
* Conquer the challenges of public speaking.
* Explore ways to establish a working relationship with the media & methods for generating public support.
* Learn about digital media and how it can complement a print publication.
* Avoid costly lawsuits by studying the subjects of libel, copyright and internal union elections.
* Infuse the union’s publication with style and personality so members will read every issue.
* Harness the tools for conducting interviews that get noticed.
* Become skilled at writing news stories, eye-catching headlines and high-interest feature stories.
* Master techniques for reporting on issues affecting the membership.
* Inspire union loyalty through the art of photojournalism.
* Use communication as a means to stamp out membership apathy.
* Meet others who do similar work and share experiences.
* Get recharged and eager to put dozens of new communication ideas to work.
All of this and much, much more!
Quote of the month - August
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."